Excellent teachers deserve recognition for their contributions to improving neurology now and in the future. Teaching binds students, residents, faculty, other clinicians, researchers, and even patients, together and helps make our daily work more meaningful. This award demonstrates respect and appreciation for neurologic teaching.
Recipients will receive a certificate of recognition from the AAN. The AAN will not judge the excellence of the nominated teachers, but will rely on the nominating statement and the local award or commendation, as listed below.
- Nominee or applicant must be an Active AAN member, which is defined as a physician certified in neurology or child neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the Professional Corporation of Physicians of Quebec.
- Nominee or applicant must have been awarded a local award or commendation for teaching excellence within the previous three (3) years (2017, 2018, or 2019) and a copy of local award/commendation must accompany the application or nomination.
- Individuals who have received an AAN national award or an A. B. Baker Teacher Recognition Award within the previous three years (2017, 2018, or 2019) are not eligible for the 2020 A. B. Baker Teacher Recognition Award.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Only one teacher will be recognized (in this manner) per medical school, independent medical institution, or neurologic practice per year, except under extraordinary circumstances.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Nominations/applications must include a statement letter that includes:
o Nominee’s/applicant’s name and institution
o Name of local award/commendation (copy of award/commendation must accompany application)
- An individual may submit his/her own name along with documentation that he/she has been recognized locally by award or commendation for teaching excellence.
August 23, 2019—October 25, 2019 (11:59 pm Central Daylight Time)
For more information, please contact Genevieve Gates at email@example.com
Manager, Undergraduate Medical Education & K-12
Congratulations to the 2019 Recipients
- Jorge J. Asconape, MD
- James Nicholas Brenton, MD
- Kevin R. Cannard, MD, FAAN
- Miguel Chuquilin Arista, MD
- Glen A. Cook Jr., MD
- Monica B. Dhakar, MBBS
- Vanja C. Douglas, MD
- Steven Richard Dunham Jr., MD
- Jeffrey E. Dunn, MD, FAAN
- Benjamin H. Eidelman, MB, FAAN
- Gary Gallagher, MD
- Tarannum Khan, MD, MBBS
- Arielle Marisa Kurzweil, MD
- Shaheen E. Lakhan, MD, PhD, Med, FAAN
- Kaustubh S. Limaye, MD
- Georgios Manousakis, MD
- Matthew A. McCoyd, MD
- Prachi Mehndiratta, MD
- Nicte I. Mejia, MD, FAAN
- Jeremy Moeller, MD
- Jonathan Perk, MD, PhD
- Alejandro A. Rabinstein, MD, FAAN
- Mehmood Rashid, MD
- Yolanda Reyes-Iglesias, MD
- Debra Roberts, MD, PhD
- Julie Roth, MD, FAAN
- Divya Singhal, MD
- Madhu Soni, MD, FAAN
- Roy E. Strowd III, MD
- Lisa Sun, MD
- David F. Tang-Wai, MD, FRCPC
- Joanne M. Wojcieszek, MD