Sponsored by the AAN, the Parkinson's Foundation, and the AAN Movement Disorders Section and endowed by the Parkinson's Foundation.
This award recognizes an individual for outstanding work in the field of Parkinson's disease or other movement disorders for either a single outstanding contribution or for lifetime achievement.
Recipient is expected to present a 20-minute lecture during a movement disorders scientific session at the 72nd AAN Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Certificate of recognition and $1,500 prize
- Complimentary registration for 72nd Annual Meeting
Must be actively engaged in movement disorders research
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form Note: Under general description, describe: How applicant’s scientific contributions have created a better understanding of Parkinson’s disease or other movement disorders .
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter from colleague summarizing applicant's body of work including:
- Relevant background material
- Research accomplishments placed in context
- Assessment of the direct or indirect impact of contributions to the understanding of movement disorders
The 2020 scientific award application deadline is October 23, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.