AAN Women in Leadership Program
Become an influential leader for your patients and profession. Apply now for the AAN Women in Leadership program, taking place Sunday, April 19, during the 2015 AAN Annual Meeting, in Washington, DC. Application deadline is March 13, 2015. Space is limited.
Today more than 50 percent of physicians and trainees in neurology are women. Yet women still remain underrepresented in the top leadership positions in academic medical centers or large private practices. To help develop and support women who have the capacity and desire to lead in the Academy and in the field of neurology, the AAN is offering this course focusing on identifying and building women’s capacity to lead at senior levels in both environments. This program focuses on the issues for early and mid-career women. A similar program for senior career women is being offered during the meeting.
The course and panel will be led by Allison Brashear, MD, MBA, FAAN, member of the AAN/AAN Institute Board of Directors, Education Committee, and Medical Economics and Management Committee and chair of the department of neurology at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC; and Barbara Hoese, President, Pentecore Coaching, Minneapolis, MN.
Panel Members: A panel of successful female leaders in the field of neurology, including members of the Academy’s Board of Directors, will also be present to share their experiences in leadership.
- Allison Brashear, MD, FAAN
- Frances E. Jensen, MD
- Shafali Jeste, MD
- Karen C. Johnston, MD, MSc
- Claudia F. Lucchinetti, MD, FAAN
- Lisa M. Shulman, MD, FAAN
- Participants will learn to apply knowledge to roles as a leader in the hospital, community, state medical society, professional organizations, and political action. This course will not offer CME credit.
- Must be a woman and member of the AAN at the time of submission
- 2015 AAN Annual Meeting registration is required to attend this course. The Annual meeting registration fee is the recipient’s responsibility.
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials
- Current curriculum vital
- Statement or essay explaining why they would benefit from attending this program
The deadline to apply for this course is March 13, 2015.