Sponsored by the AAN and endowed by Dr. Pessin's family, friends, and colleagues.
This award recognizes emerging neurologists who have a strong interest in and have demonstrated a passion for learning and expanding the field of stroke research. Applicants should have an active involvement in providing patients with the highest quality of compassionate care. This award is intended to stimulate and reward individuals in the developmental stages of their careers, who demonstrate a passion for stroke.
Recipient is expected to give a 10-minute presentation on a topic of their choice during a scientific session at the AAN 72nd Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Certificate of recognition and $1,500 prize
- Complimentary registration for 72nd Annual Meeting
- $100 per diem per day for expenses (up to two days)
- Must be involved in or considering a career in neurology, emphasizing the care of stroke patients
- Must be no more than five years from completion of most recent training program and no higher academic rank than assistant professor
- Additional consideration will be given to those involved in clinical research aimed at enhancing the understanding of stroke or improving acute treatment protocols
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter summarizing the focus of the applicant's research program, the independent contributions made by the applicant in the field of stroke, and reasons why the applicant should receive the award
The 2020 scientific award application deadline is October 23, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.