LETTER OF INTENT APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 31, 2019 11:59 PM CST
Each year, the AAN awards up to three Education Research Grants (up to $10,000/ one year) intended to:
- Study the effectiveness of neurologic educational programs to ensure they are meeting the life-long needs of their constituents (e.g., medical students, residents, fellows, and practicing neurologists or advanced practice providers)
- Investigate innovative approaches to improve neurological educational process across the lifespan of a career in neurology.
- Strengthen the educational programs of the AAN for quality improvement and credentialing purposes (i.e., ACCME accreditation)
- Train neurology educators to perform and publish education research as one component of career development for clinician educators
- Current AAN member
- Clinician educators encouraged
- Residents, Fellows, Medical Students, and Advanced Practice Providers may apply
Specifications for Letter of Intent:
- Title (including key personnel and affiliations)
- Brief problem statement (2-3 sentences)
- Hypothesis/Specific Aims
- Education theory underlying the research methodology (as applicable)
- Study design
- Study population/sample size
- Primary outcome
- Summary statement of how the proposal will improve neurologic education
- Summary statement of how the grant will further the applicant’s career
Additional Documents Required:
- Brief budget justification
- Applicant CV
- Only Portable Document Format (PDF) files will be accepted.
- LOI must be single-spaced.
- No more than 15 characters per inch (including symbols, punctuation and spaces).
- No less than ¾" margins allowed.
- Sixty lines per page are the maximum allowed. The average number of lines per page using the font and point size below will be approximately 50-55 lines.
o Windows users: Arial Font style, 12-point font size
o Macintosh users: Helvetica Font style, 12-point font size
- Figures, charts, tables, graphics and legends may be smaller in size but must be clear and legible.
- One-page limit, after converting your document to a pdf.
- LOI submission will open June 1, 2019
- Must be submitted no later than August 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT
- Invitations for full submission will be notified by October 1, 2019