John Dystel Prize for Multiple Sclerosis Research
Sponsored by the AAN and National Multiple Sclerosis Society and made possible through a special contribution from the John Dystel Multiple Sclerosis Research Fund at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The John Dystel Prize recognizes outstanding contributions to research in the understanding, treatment, or prevention of multiple sclerosis. The prize is intended to recognize significant and exciting work which has influenced the way we think about multiple sclerosis, but it is not to be a lifetime achievement award.
Recipient is expected to present a 20-minute lecture during a scientific session at the 69th AAN Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- $15,000 prize to be used at the recipient's discretion
- Complimentary registration for 69th Annual Meeting
- Reimbursement for 69th Annual Meeting travel and two days' meals and lodging expenses
- Recognition at 2017 Awards Luncheon at 68th Annual Meeting
Must be actively engaged in basic or clinical research related to multiple sclerosis
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter from colleague summarizing applicant's body of work including:
- Relevant background material
- Research accomplishments placed in context
- Assessment of the direct or indirect impact of contributions to the understanding of multiple sclerosis
The 2017 scientific award application will open in late August.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.