AAN International Scholarship Award
The American Academy of Neurology announces the 2018 International Scholarship Award. Applications will be accepted beginning August 17, 2017. This scholarship is designed to provide eligible international candidates the opportunity to attend and participate in the Annual Meeting. It is not necessary to be a member to apply.
Recipient will receive:
- Waived registration for the 2018 Annual Meeting
- Up to a $2,500 reimbursement toward Annual Meeting expenses to include hotel accommodations, round-trip coach airfare to the American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting and meal expenses. In order to be reimbursed, recipients will be required to utilize American Academy of Neurology travel services to arrange airfare and lodging. The scholarship recipients are responsible for obtaining their own visas, but the AAN will provide documentation that recipient has received the scholarship, if required to obtain the visa. Expenses over $2,500 will be the recipient's responsibility.
- Citizen of a nation outside the United States and Canada.
- Resident living outside of the United States and Canada at the time of application.
- Candidates having not attended previous AAN annual meetings will be given preference over those who have.
- The applicant should be a medical school graduate and current clinical trainee (resident or fellow), staff neurologist, or faculty member in a neurology department in their country of residence. Medical school, master's degree, and Ph.D. students are not eligible.
- The applicant should be less than 36 years of age or must explain why there is a need for the scholarship if their age is over 36.
- The applicant must explain how attending the meeting will affect the development of their career and how it will help with neurology education and patient services in their country. (Summary Letter)
- The applicant shall submit an abstract for a paper or poster for the annual meeting. The Committee will use this to assess the academic potential of the applicant. The award will not be contingent on acceptance of the paper or poster for presentation at the annual meeting. While the abstract must be submitted through the official AAN abstract submission site, a copy must be included with the award application.
- The applicant should be recommended by the Chair of the Academic Department, mentor or supervisor for which they are working. The Chair must submit a summary letter describing any financial resources the Department has available to it, such as faculty education or travel funds, and why this individual deserves the scholarship.
- Nominee must submit a copy of their CV, including a list of publications.
- Recipients will be asked to complete a Statement of Citizenship or IRS Form 1099.
- Chosen award winners are eligible to win the award one time.
The 2018 AAN International Scholarship Award deadline is October 25, 2017. Applicants will be notified in January 2018.
For more information, please contact Lynee Koester at (612) 928-6127 or firstname.lastname@example.org