Sponsored by the AAN and endowed by members of the AAN Epilepsy Section; Abbott Laboratories, Inc.; Cephalon, Inc.; Cyberonics, Inc.; Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline; Novartis Neuroscience; Ortho-McNeil Neurologics; Pfizer Inc; Shire US, Inc; and UCB Pharma.
This award recognizes physicians in the early stages of their careers who have made an independent contribution to epilepsy research. The award is named for two epileptologists who made outstanding contributions to the field of epilepsy.
Recipient is expected to give a 10-minute presentation on a topic of their choice during a scientific session at the AAN 72nd Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Certificate of recognition and $1,000 prize
- Complimentary registration for 72nd Annual Meeting
- $100 per diem for expenses (up to two days)
- Must be no more than 10 years from completion of most recent training program and no higher academic rank than associate professor
- Must have carried out independent research (clinical, basic, or multidisciplinary) in the field of epilepsy
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter summarizing the focus of the applicant's research program, the independent contributions made by the applicant in the field of epilepsy, and reasons why the applicant should receive the award
- Letter of support from colleague/mentor
- Optional appendix of up to three relevant publications
The 2020 scientific award application deadline is October 23, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.