Sponsored by the American Academy of Neurology and endowed by gifts from Dr. Viste's friends and colleagues to the Kenneth M. Viste, Jr., MD, Leadership Fund.
Kenneth M. Viste, Jr., MD, was a distinguished neurologist and tireless advocate for his patients. His dedication to improving the lives of others was lauded by his peers and inspired his community.
Each year the Kenneth M. Viste, Jr., MD Patient Advocate of the Year Award recognizes one neurologist who exemplifies Dr. Viste's leadership and commitment to advocating for the patient community. The recipient of this award will have demonstrated a sincere interest and investment in working on behalf of patients with neurologic conditions.
Apply or nominate your colleagues for their commitment to patient advocacy.
Recipient Will Receive
- $1,000 honorarium
- Recognition during the American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting
- Open to current AAN members in practice, academics, or retired
- Current AAN members may apply or be nominated for the award
- Applicants must include a letter of endorsement from another current AAN member
- Only a current AAN member may nominate another member for this award
To nominate a colleague, you must submit the following:
- A written description of the candidate's success relating to patient advocacy
- A current copy of the candidate's curriculum vitae
To apply for a nomination, you must submit the following:
- A written description of your success relating to patient advocacy
- A current copy of your candidate's curriculum vitae
- A letter of endorsement from a current AAN member
The 2018 award application deadline is October 25, 2017.
Contact Grant Niver at email@example.com with any questions.