Bruce S. Schoenberg International Award in Neuroepidemiology
Sponsored by the American Academy of Neurology and endowed by GlaxoSmithKline, Inc.
In tribute to the career of Bruce S. Schoenberg, MD, in training neurologists internationally in epidemiologic methods, this award salutes a promising young investigator from a developing country or Eastern Europe.
Recipient is expected to give a 20-minute presentation based on the selected abstract during a scientific session at the AAN 70th Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Certificate of recognition
- Complimentary registration and education program fees for 70th Annual Meeting
- Reimbursement for 70th Annual Meeting travel and lodging expenses
- Must be an investigator under the age of 45 at the time of submission
- Must be a permanent resident of a developing country or Eastern Europe*
- Must have collected study's data in a developing country or Eastern Europe*
- Must have played an important role in epidemiologic research on a neurological disease
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae including date of birth, training, and bibliography
- Maximum 500-word abstract on epidemiological research on a neurological disease study in which applicant played an important role (abstract will be ineligible for submission to the 2018 Scientific Program)
The 2018 scientific award application deadline is October 25, 2017.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.
*Individuals from Low- or Middle-Income Countries (LMIC) are eligible to apply.