Sponsored by the American Academy of Neurology and the Sleep Section and endowed by Cephalon, Inc.
This award recognizes distinguished academic contributions by neurologists to the field of sleep medicine or the contributions of non-neurologists to the interface area of sleep-neurology.
Recipient is expected to give a 10-minute presentation based on the selected manuscript during a scientific session at the AAN 72nd Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Certificate of recognition and $1,500 prize
- Complimentary registration for 72nd Annual Meeting
- The individual must have made significant contributions to clinical or basic research in the neurology or neuroscience of sleep
- Must be more than 10 years from completion of most recent training program and an academic rank of assistant professor or higher
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae indicating date of birth, training, and bibliography
- Letter from colleague summarizing applicant's body of work including:
- Relevant background material
- Research accomplishments placed in context
- Assessment of the direct or indirect impact of contributions to the understanding of sleep disorders
- A brief (maximum 200 words) summary of the major contribution to sleep research (abstract will be ineligible for submission to the 2020 Scientific Program)
The 2020 scientific award application deadline is October 23, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.