Advanced Practice Providers are critical members of the neurology care team. However, the funding for professional development for APPs varies widely, and APPs often must decide between competing conferences and meetings. APP attendance at the AAN Annual Meeting has been steadily increasing, and the AAN would like to support APP participation at Annual Meeting, by awarding two $2000 scholarships in 2019.
The $2000 scholarship is to reimburse expenses associated with attendance at the Annual Meeting. The scholarship will be mailed to the recipients 8-12 weeks following the Annual Meeting. The recipients will be responsible for arranging their own registration, travel, and lodging. Expenses over $2000 will be the recipient’s responsibility.
2019 Nomination/Application Deadline: October 24, 2018.
Criteria for selection
- Demonstrates a commitment to neurology, neurology patients, research, practice, education, and/or community service.
- Demonstrates how attending Annual Meeting will affect the development of their career.
- Expresses an interest in active involvement in the AAN.
- Demonstrates financial need (i.e. lack of professional development funds to cover meeting costs).
- Must be an AAN member at the time that the scholarship is awarded.
- Must be an advanced practice registered nurse or a physician assistant currently practicing in neurology.
- Must not have received a scholarship to the Annual Meeting in previous years.
- Must attend one of the APP networking sessions at Annual Meeting.
- May nominate themselves or be nominated by another AAN member.
Applicants must apply online and submit:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- A one-page letter of recommendation
- A one-page letter of interest
- Applicants should address criteria for selection
Please contact Hannah Planalp (email@example.com) with any questions.
Note: Submitting an application does not guarantee receipt of the scholarship. Award announcements will be made in early 2019. Award recipients will be required to submit a completed tax form (W-9 for U.S. and W-8BEN for Canada).