Sponsored by the American Academy of Neurology and endowed through Dr. Geschwind's family, friends, and colleagues; Pfizer Inc; and the Society for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology.
This prize is awarded to an individual for outstanding research in the field of behavioral neurology. Applicants should have a strong desire to expand the field of behavioral neurology through research.
Recipient is expected to give a 10-minute presentation on a topic of their choice during a scientific session at the AAN 72nd Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Certificate of recognition and $1,000 prize
- Complimentary registration for 72nd Annual Meeting
- $100 per diem for expenses (up to two days)
- Must be no more than 10 years from completion of most recent training program and no higher academic rank than assistant professor.
- Research must be within the following fields of behavioral neurology, geriatric neurology, cognitive neurology, neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, cognitive neuroscience, or other fields deemed within the scope of behavioral neurology.
Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter summarizing the focus of the applicant's research program, the independent contributions made by the applicant in the field of behavioral neurology, and reasons why the applicant should receive the award
The 2020 scientific award application deadline is October 23, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.