Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
Neurology clerkship and program directors are among the most important gatekeepers of our pipeline to careers in neurology. In many cases, these education leaders are responsible for the first contact with potential candidates for the future workforce in neurology. With this in mind, a program at the AAN Annual Meeting has been designed to optimize the skill set of these influential leaders.
The objective of this program is to develop, enhance, and strengthen the leadership attributes/skills/potential of neurology clerkship and program directors, and provide selected candidates the opportunity to develop personal awareness, understand principles of leadership, and enhance interpersonal skills as they relate to their role as leaders in education.
- Candidates must be AAN members
- Only program/associate directors and clerkship/associate directors that are in their roles 3 to 10 years are eligible
- Applicants will be considered from adult and child neurology programs located in the United States and Canada
- 10 program/associate directors and 10 clerkship/associate directors will be selected
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to neurological teaching, education, and/or community service
- Talented and highly motivated individuals with a commitment to neurology teaching, education program administration and quality patient-centered care are encouraged to apply
- Meeting registration, hotel and airfare are not included with being selected for the program. Selected candidates are required to register and book their travel needs.
The application process is online and the requirements include:
- A single-spaced, one-page letter of interest from the candidate detailing their academic achievements, community involvement, leadership roles and plans to maximize the AAN Annual Meeting opportunity
- A single-spaced, one-page letter of support from the candidates Department Chair
- The applicant's curriculum vitae
Contact Lucy Persaud at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.