Sponsored by the American Academy of Neurology and endowed by the former American Academy of Neurology Alliance.
This award is designed to encourage clinical and translational research in neuroscience by physicians in clinical neurology training programs. The Alliance Awards Workgroup considers originality, scientific merit, neurological interest, and clarity of expression as criteria for review.
Recipient is expected to give a 10-minute presentation based on the selected manuscript during a scientific session at the AAN 72nd Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive
- Certificate of recognition and $1,000 prize
- Complimentary registration for 72nd Annual Meeting
- Reimbursement for 72nd Annual Meeting travel and housing
- $100 per diem per day for expenses (up to two days)
- Applicants should be members of the AAN in good standing and less than 18 months from the completion of their Neurology residency training (at the time of submission)
- Must be a senior author of a research-based manuscript
- Manuscript must not be previously published or submitted for publication (at the time of submission)
Applicants can apply for only one of the Alliance Awards. Manuscripts may be considered for the other award as the subcommittee deems appropriate. Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Typed, double-spaced copy of the complete manuscript, including names and addresses of all authors (supplemental materials may be submitted) Note: Manuscripts and bibliographies must be in the format used in the journal Neurology
- Letter from the training program director attesting to the applicant's enrollment and status in the program
- Letter from the faculty researcher sponsor detailing the extent of collaboration and support received by the applicant while conducting this research and verifying all work was completed during applicant's residency or fellowship period
- On a separate piece of paper, include a list of residency and/or fellowship start dates, end dates, and program directors
Examples of potential projects eligible for the Founders Award include:
- Epidemiologic analyses
- Clinical questions, such as laboratory, symptom/sign, imaging analyses for clinical decision making
- Outcome assessments and/or predictions
- Clinical trials
- Case series
Although applicants may apply for only one of the two Alliance Awards (S. Weir Mitchell or Founders), the review workgroup has discretion to move applications for consideration into the category, if applicable.
The 2020 scientific award application deadline is October 23rd, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.